Frisco Residential Roofing Systems
Lifetime Fence & Roofing Company in Frisco knows that homeowners of Frisco, TX are concerned with not only the overall appearance of their roof, but the protection that their roof will provide to their home. Most people, when they think of a roof, they think of only the shingles. The shingles do play a very important role in a roofing system, but their are many layers to a roofing system to provide protection to your Frisco home from water, and insulate your home from heat and cold. Lifetime Fence & Roofing Company in Frisco, TX will come out to your home to meet with you and provide you with options for each layer, to help you choose the best level of protection for your home and budget.
Layers of Your Roof
- Rafters: Rafters make up the main framework of all roofs. Rafters rest on the top of the building wall and are inclined up to meet the ridge or another rafter which they are fastened to. Rafters will be spaced every 16 - 48 inches depending upon the roof, and often extend beyond the wall (overhang) which creates the eaves of the building to help protect the siding and windows of the building as well as make sure that water from rain and hailstorms (which are common in Frisco) will run off the roof farther away from the foundation of the house.
- Sheathing (or decking): The layer of a roof that is used as the base for roof coverings to be nailed to. It's underneath both the shingle (or other roof coverings) and membrane layers, and it covers the rafters. The sheathing layer also acts as another layer of protection for the roof.
- Roofing Underlayment: is used on pitched roofs as a second layer of protection for your roof. Applied directly to the roof sheathing it's initial role is to protect the home from the elements while shingles are affixed to the roof. When the roof is completed, the underlayment assists the shingle layer in repelling moisture helping to lengthen the lifespan of your roof.
- Drip Edge: Sometimes referred to as eave flashing, drip edge is placed along the edges of the roof, at the sides and along the eaves. These aluminum strips are fastened to the decking, underneath the shingles, and act as a guide to help water flow off the roof and into the gutter system.
- Gutters and Downspouts: The primary purpose of gutters and downspouts is to direct water away from your home’s foundation and basement. The installation of these components is not always necessary, and is largely dependent on the home’s architecture and landscape. It’s important to keep gutters well-maintained. Clogged gutters can lead to water and ice backing up onto the roof, and can cause serious erosion around the home’s foundation.
Professional Roof Inspections in Frisco, TX
Lifetime Fence & Roofing Company wants to ensure that your home is protected by a properly installed, damage free roofing system. While homeowners are certainly able to detect immediate problems, a professional inspection by our roofing company in Frisco, TX will provide a thorough assessment of your roof’s overall health and condition.